Wolves Of Elune
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Are We?

Go down

Who Are We? Empty Who Are We?

Post  Toomb Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:12 pm

(For the lorists and role-players among us)

About the Guild

The Wolves of Elune are an organization that traces it’s roots back to the semi-mythic “Druids of the Antler”.

The Druids of the Antler were devotees of Elune, her lover Malorne and their son, Cenarius. The Druids of the Antler (so named because Malorne most often appeared as a magnificent white stag) were extremely secretive even when Malorne was alive, and after his death at the hands of Grom (while under the influence of demons) have left no visible trace anywhere.

It is whispered among the leadership that the Wolves were in one form or another a branch or decendants of the Druids of the Antler, and that the Druids of the Antler did in fact exist and did not really disappear at all. The truth of this is known to very few.

However, as it is widely known, among the followers of Elune, only females may assume leadership roles. By having male guildmasters, this strongly suggests that the Wolves are not an orthodox organization for Elune per se. Indeed, this even more so suggests a connection more dominated by Cenarius or Malorne.

Nonetheless, females hold prized positions within the guild, even among the upper echelon of leadership.

About Elune

Elune is the major deity worshipped by the night elves. She is associated with the larger of Azeroth's two moons, the White Lady, and is the mother of Cenarius.

Elune is one of the few true deities in the world,[1] and the most powerful Eternal in Azeroth. In the world's infancy, she protected all living things and allowed them the chance to grow and thrive. Whenever she found violence, she would cast her calming influence across the land so that peace and healing might be given another chance to thrive.

Though her companion Malorne and their child Cenarius joined her faithful among the Kaldorei in an attempt to stave off the arrival of the Burning Legion, the demons spilled across the land in a wave of death and destruction that even the moon goddess could not prevent.

Just as she felt she had once again accomplished her task and brought Azeroth toward a new era of peace, the human kingdoms fell under the corrupting influence of high elven magic, and crumbled into chaos. Shortly thereafter, the orcish Horde came to Azeroth and sparked a new era of warfare that threatens to consume the world like the War of the Ancients did so long ago. Though her Kaldorei followers have returned from their time in the Emerald Dream, it has yet to be seen if the moon goddess will take any direct action during this time of trouble.

Elune never engages in combat of any kind, nor does she allow it to occur in her presence. Though she never physically manifests in the world of mortals, when she involves herself in a violent situation she arrives invisibly and undetected using her song of peace to calm the combatants until sunrise.

Formal worship of Elune dates back about 14,000 years, before the rise of Azshara and the Highborne, though she was certainly worshipped long before that, probably by the most primitive of Kaldorei. Her original cult center was near Zin-Azshari, but the Sisters of Elune moved the temple to Suramar when it was clear Azshara cared more for the luxury of herself and the Highborne than anyone else. After Suramar fell, Elune was the main source of hope for the millions of refugees fleeing the Burning Legion. Elune's worship was essentially universal (no cult centers) for the night elves in the ten thousand years between the War of the Ancients and the Third War (the Long Vigil).

Elune expected dedication from her priestesses, but she did not demand that they give her every waking moment — the Mother Moon was a kind, loving mistress. One of these dedications was called the Ritual of the High Moon.WoE 110

The center of her worship is now the Temple of the Moon in Darnassus. Tyrande Whisperwind is her high priestess, but many priestesses, and for the first time, male priests, are found throughout the world, ready to heal war-weary Azeroth with her light.
Night elf beliefs

Elune is the central focus of worship for the Sentinels and the Sisters of Elune in night elf culture, while the druids tend to focus more on nature and Elune's son Cenarius, though they believe in her power.

Elune has never made herself known to any living creature in the physical plane in a physical form, though she is sometimes depicted as a night elf female with a skin that glows with intensity, eyes of pure silver moonlight, and her clothing adorned with silvery jewelry.

With Malorne and Cenarius, Elune helped the primitive night elves evolve without becoming corrupted by the arcane magic of the Well of Eternity for many centuries. Despite their vigil over the elves, Queen Azshara and the highborne were corrupted by the magic of the Well.

As the Night Warrior, Elune is said to have gathered the souls of the righteous fallen from the battlefield and spread them across the sky as stars.

Additional Information

The guild is closely associated with most Alliance factions, and especially the Cenarius and Timbermaw organizations.

The guild is particularly hostile towards Undead, whom they feel to be an aberration to the natural order of the world and to orcs, whom they still blame for the death of Malorne.
Toomb
Toomb

Back to top Go down

Who Are We? Empty A Little More Insight

Post  Toomb Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:03 pm

Since lots of people are only around for portions of conversations, it is easy for people to not have a clear idea of what we are or are not about. I've decided to give you more information about myself and where I am coming from regarding my vision for the guild.

Vitals:
Name: Eric
Occupation(prior): 16 years military, specifically worked in law enforcement, including 6 years as a criminal investigator, 6 years on the AF Emergency Services Team (SWAT), 3 years as a Flight Sergeant supervising 120 personnel. Countries "visited": Iraq, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Korea, Egypt, Turkey, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, England, Germany, Azores, Italy, Canada and a few others.

Gaming Experience: This is going to take a while...

In 1998, while in Korea, some of my cop friends told me about a game that had just came out that I had never heard of called "Ultima Online". It was what you would consider the grandfather of WoW. I started playing with my other military friends in a guild called "The Steel Vikings", mostly because half of the guild were Steelers fans and half were Vikings fans.

I am neither.

Anyway, UO was 90% PvP and 10% other stuff in it's original form, so we did lots and lots and lots of group fighting and wars. Fun was had by all. As we split up and went our separate ways in real life, the same was said for the game. I left the server I was on and went to a hardcore version of the game on a server called "Siege Perilous". On Siege Perilous, if someone killed you, they got to loot your corpse and take whatever you were wearing and you were left naked. It was fun. The consequences were severe.

While on Siege, I feel in with a group of RP fanatics called "The Shadowclan Orcs". I lived a dual on-game life with Shadowclan as "Kaz'ahk" and as a good guy Animal Tamer named "Lord Fury". As Fury, I ran a website that acted as a kind of online encyclopedia of Animal Taming called "The Crystal Fen Society". Also, as Fury, I worked my way up in a large guild called "The Virtuous Players" and designed their graphics. The Virtuous Players ended up collapsing in a inter-guild war that developed over two guys fighting for the same woman. V^P splinted and most went to a new version called "Ashes of the Phoenix". I didn't. I focused solely on being an orc in Shadowclan.

Fastforward to 2004 and WoW came out. Lots and lots of people left UO and other games for WoW. The Shadowclan Orcs largely migrated to WoW as well, but being so dramatically different from UO, many from Shadowclan left and went their own way, myself included.

I first joined some friends of mine in a tiny guild called "Destiny's Blade" on the Illidan server. I hopped around a ton, in guilds, servers and factions until finally attempting to form a guild with Gena on another server.

The whole point is this: I've been playing these kind of games since 1998. I have been with WoW since early 2005. I have been in dozens of guilds over the years. I have watched all different kinds and saw what worked and what didn't. I truly feel that what we are developing in WoE is a truly finished product, so to speak, distilled from a decade of experience about what works and doesn't work and will make a successful guild, and moreover, who will be valuable contributors to the guild overall.

Some of the main themes of our guild:

1. The guild is a community first and foremost, and the preservation of that sense of community is paramount.
2. The guild is NOT focused on 80s, but rather gameplay across the whole spectrum of the game.
3. Gear is not better than gameplay.
4. Logistical support must be equal for level 1s through level 80s.
5. All guild members are like legs under a table. We all help hold the guild up equally.
6. The door is open to any who wish a seat at the table. The only qualification is that they be good for the guild.
7. The guild will maintain aspects of PvP, PvE, BGs, Raids, special events, world events and RP as needed/wanted/desired by the guild population.

As a personal note: I am not a dictator. I see myself as more of a caretaker for the guild. Most decisions and the direction of the guild is discussed uniformly among the staff, as a minimum, and as a guild if possible.

However, since I am ex-military, and spent a long time as military, I do tend to see things from that perspective regarding most issues of personnel, logistics, tasking and structure.

Guild Staff:
Toomb/Tomb (Eric) : Guild Master

Kilua: High Counsel Emeritus in Absentia
Maerwynn: High Counsel
Gena: High Counsel (whether she likes it or not), Webmistress, Welcoming Party and Tour Guide

Guild Officers: Anyone with the rank of "Captain" or higher

As a final note: the guild must not fail to be loyal to it's members. The members must not fail to be loyal to the guild. This includes guild allies and friends.
Toomb
Toomb

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum